Hi everyone! I hope you are all having a great and creative new year. There is lots of great literature available for photographers, so I decided to give you a rundown of my favorites.
- First, of course, is NBP:Students.
- Nature’s Best Photography Magazine is the “parent” publication of NBP:Students, and it shows. NBP isn’t the cheapest magazine available, but it has page after page of the most stunning nature photos imaginable. This is the one case where the bad logic of “it’s too expensive, but it’s worth it” is valid. :-) This is my favorite publication.
- Another good magazine is Outdoor Photographer, featuring lots of how-to articles and gear guides. Of course, there is lots of great nature photography too.
- The Arthur Morris Birds as Art email bulletins are free and packed with good information and stunning photos. Click on the link above to sign up.
- Also free is the Ask Tim Grey (previously Digital Darkroom Questions/DDQ) e-newsletter.
- Last but not least, “The Digital Photography Book” (vol. 1-3) by Scott Kelby. Although they are not nature-specific, they are the books to have, covering everything from landscapes and wildlife to studio lighting and weddings.
Enjoy reading! :-)
Filed under: Johan Doornenbal